Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before requesting any of our services. These terms are designed to protect both our business and your business.
Part A: Definitions
- The term ‘Ellipse Atlantic’ or “Rate My Website” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or “our” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ. Our company registration number is 10738362 and registered in the UK.
- The term ‘you’ refers to: a) the user or viewer of our website; b) the person submitting a request / payment to us via our website(s); c) the persons representing the business for which the service has been provided
- The term “rating” or “having your website rated” means our process of reviewing and analysing a website based on our own bespoke criteria and methods and providing a report summarising our findings and recommendations to the person requesting it.
- The term “corporate” applies only to businesses that are over the threshold of being defined as a small or medium business. This varies across countries and regions.
- The terms "consultation", “discuss” or “discussions” means our service in discussing a website rating report that has already been provided by us.
- The term “our website” or “this website” refers to all the websites owned by Ellipse Atlantic Ltd that refer to “rate my website”.
Part B: Browsing and using our website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. Nothing within it should be viewed as being legal or finanical advice It is subject to change without notice.
- The information we store about you or your business will be retained for a maximum of 2 years and will be kept on our equipment owned by Ellipse Atlantic with password protection, primarily for carrying our our contracted services to you, for accounting purposes, quality audits and training.
- Neither we nor any third parties associated with us provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any losses arising from such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of information presented on this website. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, logos, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites operated by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) and should not be considered as such. We accept no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Part C: Website rating services
If you choose to submit a request to us to have your website rated you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Our services are intended for use by small or medium sized businesses with websites designed to attract customers. We do not provide a rating service to personal sites, social media profiles, corporate sites or business sites that are not designed for attracting customers (such as corporate information-only sites).
Our rating service is based on our unique criteria and all reasonable efforts are made to gather the necessary information required for us to be able to prepare a report that meets our standards. We do not guarantee that every part of your website will be analysed (including downloads, links, media, etc.), but our reviewing process will endeavour to replicate as much as possible the manner in which a typical customer would navigate and view your site. We cannot anticipate the usage and behaviour of all those accessing your site. Websites are subject to opinions, so we are not responsible for the views of others who may disagree with our rating criteria and feedback.
We will summarise our rating as a documented report, in our standard and official format. We never provide a formal rating services without a formal report.
It is your choice how to use the information that our report contains.
The report we provide remains our property. You are not (without our express written permission) permitted to reproduce the report or it’s contents, logos, icons, etc. with a view to selling this material to a third party, or to claim it as authored by anyone other than us.
You are not permitted to copy the criteria that we use to provide our rating service. This is protected by copyright.
We shall not conduct work to provide a rating service until we have received full payment of our services. All payments for our rating service (except our corporate services) must be provided in full in advance. No substitution for payments will be accepted. We accept online payments only, via our website(s) and to the amount quoted on our website(s). We do not accept payments directly to individuals working for us. All payments must be made on our website(s). Attempts to obtain our services without meeting these conditions may result in legal action.
You retain ownership and responsibility of your website; we will never take ownership of your website.
We reserve the right to refuse our rating services for websites (or the businesses they represent) that we deem as illegal, immoral, violent, extremist or in any other ways contradicts our values. Our values are clearly expressed on our website(s). We reserve the right to refuse work without giving reasons or providing any response or correspondence. We shall not be held liable for any losses or damages to you resulting from our refusal to provide services.
We reserve the right to refuse our rating services for websites that we believe are corporate sites for business above the threshold for small or medium businesses.
In cases where we have either refused our services, you will be entitled to claim payment back.
We are not responsible for the performance of your business. We are not responsible for any negative impact (or lack of impact) to your business performance despite you implementing any or all of our recommendations in part or totally.
We shall use (display on our website or any promotional material) successful examples of our recommendations leading to positive business impact only if you give us expressed written permission to do so.
We aim to deliver rating services within 4 weeks of the request and payment being submitted to us. If you have not received a report from us within 4 weeks (28 calendar days), you must contact us at the email address displayed on the website. It is possible that we have sent our report to you, but it has not been successfully delivered (marked as spam, junk, etc., or there is a technical fault with the email being sent or received). You are entitled to a refund only if we refuse to provide you a service for which you have paid, or we fail to contact you within 5 weeks (35 calendar days) after you have submitted payment to us.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of information on a request submitted to us. You are responsible for the information submitted to us in a request form. We receive these in good faith. If the request has been sent from someone within your business without correct authorisation, that is the responsibility of the business and we shall provide the service unless there is written cancellation before work is carried out. If you are unhappy with the service we provided you have the right to complain. However, we shall not provide a refund in the event that you or anyone else disagrees with our report submitted to you.
Part D: Website consultations
If you wish to discuss or correspond with us about a report we have submitted beyond the 1 hour included with the report, you need to request a discussion via our website, which is chargeable as stated on our website.
A discussion may take place in person, via telephone or via online video conferencing (our preferred method is Skype). We shall make reasonable attempts to use the method of communication as specified by you, however we reserve the right to refuse to meet in person without having to provide reasons (although the common reasons for not travelling are either travelling times or safety concerns).
We shall not conduct a consultation or discussion until we have received full payment of our services in advance. No substitution for payments will be accepted. We accept online payments only, via our website(s) and to the amount quoted on our website(s). We do not accept payments directly to individuals working for us. All payments must be made on our website(s). Attempts to obtain our services without meeting these conditions may result in legal action.
Part E: Corporate Services
We will always provide a written quote in advance for our corporate services.
We will deliver the services as defined within that quote only if there is written acceptance of that quote from you.
Details of timescales and how the service will be delivered will be included on that quote.
We reserve the right to refuse work based on factors related to the location.
Quotes are valid for 3 months from the date stated in the quote.
Upon completion of the work agreed in the quote, we shall submit an invoice. Invoices must be paid in full within 3 months of the invoice date. Failure to pay in full within 3 months will result in actions that will incur additional administration charges and where necessary, legal charges to recover monies owed to us.
If you are unhappy with the service we provided you have the right to complain. However, we shall not provide a refund merely in the event that you or anyone else disagrees with our findings and recommendations submitted to you.
Part F: General
We shall use data relating to our services, including requests made to us responsibly. We shall use this data primarily for training purposes within our business and to review our business performance.
We shall not disclose information of requests submitted, payments made, personal information or the rating information to anyone other than: a) you (as the person who requested it for your site); b) a person you specifically ask us to share it with; c) someone within our business who has a reasonable need to see it.